Friday, November 14

Happy Anniversary

My husband Matthew and I just celebrated our 5 year anniversary. It was interesting considering I never thought, nor wanted to get married and I had sworn off children long before we ever met. Now 5 years and 2 kids later I am more surprised by the fact that we are still happy and still like each other. Sure we have our ups and downs, our dis-agreements and fights but we are committed to work it out and to stay honest. I guess in the end its not so much love that wins but willingness. I love Matthew even in the midst of horrible times but it is the willingness (on both parts) to do what ever it takes that demonstrates that love and keeps it growing. 

Considering where we both came from I am so grateful to God for helping us thru these past 5 years and for placing people, couples in our path to show us the 'what NOT to do's and the what to do's. Couples who let us see them fight, love, raise kids, have fun ect. and our success is, in part, due to them and their willingness to be open with their relationship. 

I don't know what the next 10 years will hold for us but I am positive of this fact; if we continue to stay open and willing we will still be happy and still enjoy each others company. Probably even more so. For that I am truly excited!!!

1 comment:

PB said...

Still happy for you guys,
Still praying for your marriage,
Still hopeful about your future!

You are blessed!
PB

Don't you love it when someone reads your blog.